Friday, March 30, 2012

How to control MS SQL Server DataBases permissions through visual basic program

Hello,

Could someone help me to view, add, delete, and modify users of SQL Server DataBase and permissions of them on this database through Visual Basic Programming

Because I want to do VB application through which I will view, add,delete, and modify users of SQL Server DataBase and their permissions on this database.

Thank you very very muchYou can use the system stored procedures.|||Originally posted by rnealejr
You can use the system stored procedures.

Thank you very much Mr. rnealejr for your reply.

Would you like to send me a sample code in visual basic to view ,for example, users of SQL Server DataBase and their permissions??

I will be thankful|||Which version of sql server are you using 7 or 2000 ?|||Originally posted by rnealejr
Which version of sql server are you using 7 or 2000 ?
Hello, Mr. rnealejr
I use MS SQL Server 2000.
Also, I have a problem with SQL Server.
I have about 50 tables and views in an Oracle DataBase and I have tried to translate them to SQL Server DataBases.
They were translated succefully but there was two problems :
1- Key constraints were not translated? (i.e. the destination SQL Server database became without primary key and foreign key constraints and aother constraints)
2- Also, views are translated into tables not into view ??

Could you slove these problems?

After I get more information I will be able to serve your good forum with good posts becuase until now I am student

Thank you very much|||How did you translate from oracle to sql server ?|||You can use sp_helpuser, sp_helplogins - use the ado command object.|||Originally posted by rnealejr
How did you translate from oracle to sql server ?

Yes
I have used DTS Wizard to do this translation but tables were translated without constraints and also views were translated into tables instead of corresponding views although all tables, from whcih views get data, are available in the translated database.

Thank you very much Mr.

No comments:

Post a Comment