Monday, March 26, 2012

How to connect to Remote SQL Server database using SQL Server 2005 Express

Hi,

I've an account with a hosting service provider online for SQL Server database. I've downloaded SQL Server 2005 Express from ASP.Net. How can I use it to connect to my SQL Server Database which is sitting on remote server? The hosting provider gave me following things to connect to the remote database.

Server Name
Database Name
User Name
Password

Regards,
A.K.R

Anyone?

|||I don't want to ask the obvious, but is there not a Read Me fileincluded with the download of SQL Express which would explain how toconnect?

Sorry I can't be more helpful, but I've only ever briefly looked at SQLExpress and decided to stick to MSDE since I could not see any benefitof using Express when MSDE is a cheap but far more powerful option thanSQL Express.

No comments:

Post a Comment