Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How to connect to sql server2005 from java using JDBC driver

Hi, everyone:
I need to connect my java app to sql server 2005 using JDBC driver, but I don't know how to do.
Thanks for your help.
AdolfoWe currently have a beta2 driver availalbe for this now:

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/downloads/2005/jdbc.mspx

To connect:

Class.forName("com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver");
Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:sqlserver://mysqlserver;user=myuser;password=mypassword;databaseName=mydataBase;");|||

Ok. happen that I have installed the sqlserver 2005 beta 2, using windows authentication, so it needs a name instance to get access. When I use the JDBC driver I can't connect using that name instance.

regards,

Adolfo

|||The beta version of windows authentication has some known issues -- did you try connection to the named instance with SQL Server authentication?

-shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment