Monday, March 26, 2012

How to connect to remote server

Hi All,

I have created my sql database script using SQL data publishing wizard, now i want to execute the same on my shared hosting database. But i am not getting any option to connect to remote server in SSMSE.

I have developed web based application with back hand as SQL Server 2005, so now i want to execute my script file onto the server. so how i will connect with my server using SSMSE ?

My application is located under www.briskonsales.com/sales

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Jay

You will have to work with your Hosting provider to obtain access through their firewalls to access their SQL Server instance.

|||Is the remote instance a SQL Server Express edition ?

Jens K. Suessmeyer


http://www.sqlserver2005.de

|||

Very few hosting providers will allow you to connect to their server using SSMS; rather they provide their own set of management tools accessable through their site. If you log into your account you will likely find a set of links that take you to the management console for your hosted database. From there you should be able to load the script file that you saved from the DPW and run it to create your objects in the hosted database.

As others mention, contact your hosting provider if you have questions about managing your hosted database.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment