Friday, March 30, 2012

How to control format of datetime attributes?

There is an attribute that have type DateTime, based on the field type in data source. It hasn't separate name column. The member caption is formatted as yyyy-MM-dd hh:mm:ss. Can I control the format of Member name without giving separate name column.

I assigned different format in the format field of key property window, but it had no effect. What I did wrong?

Hello. I do not think that you will have to pay any penalty from adding a new column in the data source view with a new format of your date column. I recommend to use the TSQL function CONVERT that have arguments for different date formats. Have a look at CONVERT in Books On Line, and you will see the complete list of different codes/arguments for different date formats.

HTH

Thomas Ivarsson

|||

Thank you,

I thought about more sofisticated solution, that can be used in multi culture environment without adding x additional fields with "formatting" of a datetime attribute.

I hoped, that the AS2005 is smarter as AS2005 and offers more possibilties.

Do you know what is the format field in key properties for?

No comments:

Post a Comment