Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How to connect to the June Katmai CTP?

Hi all,

I'm new to the Katmai SQL Server. I have just installed the June CTP x64 developer edition on a Win2003 Server AMD x64 bit. I installed everything. The install went fine.

My question:

How do I connect to the Katmai? There where no Management Studio in the install package.

The SQL Server 2005 Management Studio will not connect. It says that it can only connect to SQL 2000 or SQL 2005.

Best regards,

Lars-Inge

(Lars-Inge Tønnessen@.discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > I'm new to the Katmai SQL Server. I have just installed the June CTP x64 > developer edition on a Win2003 Server AMD x64 bit. I installed > everything. The install went fine. > > > > My question: > > How do I connect to the Katmai? There where no Management Studio in the > install package. There was in mine. Hm, I installed 32-bit. Could it be that tools are in the 32-bit distribution? (Tools are 32-bit anyway.) Also, look for a setup in the Tools directory if there is one. > The SQL Server 2005 Management Studio will not connect. It says that it > can only connect to SQL 2000 or SQL 2005. SQLCMD and OSQL works. And Query Analyzer from SQL 2000, if you have it around. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@.sommarskog.se Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sql/2005/downloads/books.mspx Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at http://www.microsoft.com/sql/prodinfo/previousversions/books.mspx|||I also tried to install SQL 2008 on VPC for Orcas. I see only configuration tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment