Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How to connect to SQL Server Express db in SSMS?

I am using SQL Server 2005 with SQL Server Mgmt Studio. I would like to be
able to connect to a SQL Server Express database within the SSMS. I read o
n
MS's website that this was possible, but can't figure out how to do it. Is
it possible?
Thanks.Yes. You may need to enable remote access if you are connecting from
another box and you will probably have to specify the instance name in the
SERVER connection Window in SSMS.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
"egraham" <egraham@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A1EF3F87-4AB7-47FC-9A75-22C2B3312DA4@.microsoft.com...
>I am using SQL Server 2005 with SQL Server Mgmt Studio. I would like to be
> able to connect to a SQL Server Express database within the SSMS. I read
> on
> MS's website that this was possible, but can't figure out how to do it.
> Is
> it possible?
> Thanks.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment