Monday, March 26, 2012

How to connect to Sql Server

Dear Sir and Madam:
I am now using Visual Foxpro 8 connect to MS Sql server 2000 (Personal Edition).
Now, I have a serious problem that I can not connect SQL Server from client machine and it raises the following message :
SQL Server does not exist or access denied

But it worked when I connect at Server. I don't know the reason why

Here is My Server Configuation
Computer Firewall is OFF
Authentication : SQL Server and Windows
Connectstring="DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=HUNG1975;DATABASE=sales;UID=sa;PWD=sa;Trusted_Connection=False;DispLogin=3;ConnectTimeout=3"

Please help me
Thank you very very much.

Hi,

make sure that you are using the right port and that the user and the password is valid can access the database.

HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

No comments:

Post a Comment